OUR RESILIENT CLUBHOUSE COMMUNITIES
UPDATE, and Tips & Strategies: Issue #16 | August 31, 2020
Remembering a Clubhouse Advocate, DJ Jaffe
Last week all of us at Clubhouse International were very sad to learn of the passing of DJ Jaffe. DJ was a tireless advocate for people living with serious mental illness. He was relentless in his work to call attention to the need for mental health system reform. He was a great friend to the Clubhouse community. We will certainly miss his voice, work and perspective. We send our sincere sympathy and condolences to his family, friends and colleagues. To learn more about DJ’s work please click here.
Our next presentation in the WANA Webinar Series is:
Keeping it “Clubhouse”!
New Member Orientation and Staff Hiring during Covid-19
Wednesday September 2, 10:00am (EDT)
High Hopes Clubhouse, Maine
Capitol Clubhouse, Maine
Genesis Club, Massachusetts
For more information, email: WANAwebinar@fountainhouse.org
UPCOMING WANA WEBINAR:
The next webinar will be on September 16 at 9:00am (EDT). The topic will be: Digital Inclusion – Clubhouses Expanding Access to Digital Communication and Opportunity! Log-on information will be available soon.
Clubhouse International Updates
- Clubhouse International has extended Accreditation expiration dates for one year (for all reports received prior to June 10th). Clubhouses will receive new Accreditation certificates reflecting the revised expiration date within the next few weeks.
- In light of the significant accommodations most Clubhouses have had to make to adhere to Covid-related safety measures, we have revised the Accreditation self-study template to ensure that Clubhouses can accurately describe their current situation. Clubhouses on the upcoming Accreditation schedule will receive the revised self-study template.
- We are organizing Zoom calls with Clubhouses in various countries, regions and coalitions across the world. We are eager to learn about how the Clubhouse community continues to organize and innovate to provide vibrant Clubhouse supports to members, even in the midst of the challenges posed by the continuing pandemic. Your work is inspiring and we want to share your great ideas and strategies with other Clubhouses around the world!
- The USA Clubhouse Conference will be a virtual conference, October 8-9. A Save-the-Date announcement has been sent to Clubhouses. Click here for more info.
- The European Conference will be a virtual conference, November 18. For information contact Guido Valentini at Club Itaca Roma at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Canadian Conference will be held as a virtual conference. The Conference will be November 9, 2020 or two half-days, November 9-10 (to be determined). Contact Rebecca Dunk, email@example.com or 416 323-0223 ext. 246 for further information.
- The 2020 Asian Clubhouse Conference has been canceled.
We hope you and your communities are safe and well.
NEW RESOURCES ADDED TO OUR WEBSITE!
- For updates, visit: https://clubhouse-intl.org/coronavirus-updates/
- For Tips & Strategies re operating a Virtual Clubhouse and gradual re-opening of a Clubhouse, visit: https://clubhouse-intl.org/what-we-do/virtual-communities/
- To access the Articles we’ve collected on COVID-19, Virtual Clubhouse Communities, and the gradual re-opening, visit: https://clubhouse-intl.org/resources/articles-library/